Updated for 2009 - now featuring an inbuilt pump system that is both lighter and provides greater pumping efficiency.
Exped Down Filled mats are a breakthrough in comfort and insulation. Although traditional air mattresses elevate you above uneven ground, they don't offer insulation. Conversely, foam and self inflating mats provide excellent insulation, but can sometimes be a little lacking in the comfort department! The Exped Down Mat 7 M provides the comfort that you want, with the insulation that you need, in a compact pack size.
- Light and warm: The Down Mat 7 has an R-Value of 5.9. At about the same weight a standard 2.5 cm selfinflating mat only has a R-Value of 2.5. Further EMPA tests demonstrated that regular mats lose 3x more heat to cold ground than to the air. The conclusion: use a lighter weight sleeping bag with a DownMat to achieve consistent overall comfort, and still reduce weight and bulk!
- Easy to inflate using the inbuilt pump
- Similar to a sleeping bag, baffles between the mats‘ chambers eliminate cold spots and promote a stable and supportive air cushion.
- Light foam blocks at the mat‘s ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable and airtight. Top surface of honeycomb textured fabric provides superior slip resistance and comfort next to the skin. Seams and valves are all high-frequency welded (most secure method of fusing fabrics and materials) to ensure mat integrity. Dark colors dry quickly.
- For use as a pillow, 2 loops at head end can be used to secure the packsack to the mat.
- Exped uses only IDFL-certified, 700 in3/oz goose down, treated with Nocar to eliminate the effects of humidity that may reach the mat‘s interior.
||183 cm x 52 cm x 7cm (thick)
||Comfort to -24°
||23cm x 16cm dia.