Who says you can't get something for nothing? On the new Moondance 1 Tent you get 30% more floor space, more headroom at both ends, a wider ceiling, and 170g less weight than the previous Moondance 1 model!
But don't think the weight savings come at the cost of waterproof performance, the laminated Nylon floor is still waterproof to 10,000mm (market leading waterproofness!) and the fly is still waterproof to 2000mm.
The Moondance 1 Person Tent is perfect for the weight conscious walker, bike packer & adventure traveller looking for the best, lightweight, 1 person, 3 season tent on the market.
More Spacious Than Ever
The new Moondance 1 has more internal floor area than ever before thanks to the new internal gear vestibule. A 30cm wide 220cm long triangular expansion opposite the doorway provides waterproof internal space for your clothes, pack & accessories. Totalling 2.3m2 of internal floor space makes the Moondance 1 an incredibly spacious 1 person tent. In addition to greater floor space, the walls at either end are now steeper and the ridge pole across the roof is wider providing a more spacious interior.
Still Just As Compact
As compact as ever the Moondance 1 Inner, Fly, Pegs & Repair Kit compress to only 13 x 28cm in the tent compression sack while the DAC pole set folds to only 42cm long.
Ultralight With Durability where it Counts
By using ultralight weight 15 denier fabrics on the ceiling of the inner tent we've been able to save you weight, without sacrificing weather protection on critical areas such as the floor and fly. On the floor we've used a 40 denier Nylon with a durable TPU laminate providing 10,000mm waterhead. On the fly is a 30 denier ripstop Nylon with a 2000mm waterhead PU Coating.
Internally Accessed Roof Vent
Control ventilation without leaving the tent by quickly and easily opening or closing the ceiling vent in the fly. The ceiling vent in the fly can be zipped closed or held open with a lightweight prop secured by a hook-and-loop patch backed with seam sealing.
Colour Coded DAC Featherlite NSL Poles 9mm
The Moondance 1 Tent uses an extremely strong and very light 2-piece pole system. Colour coding ensures the poles are always set up correctly and locking pole ends make setup very easy even for solo-campers. All Mont tents use the highest quality poles made by DAC in South Korea. These poles are selected for their exceptionally low weight, precision engineering, high strength and for DAC's market-leading environmental standards.
Dual 3 point attachment guycords
Quick, easy and only requiring one peg each! They hold the tent steady attaching to 3 reinforced points. When not in use a handy loop at the base of the fly holds the guy-cord neatly out of the way and prevents tangling.
New Mont Twisted-Y Tent Pegs are extremely strong and very lightweight at only 8 grams each. With a loop of cord on each end they're easy to remove and the Twisted-Y profile provides a firm hold. The Moondance 1 Tent comes with 8 Twisted-Y Pegs.
- 1 person, 3 season, freestanding tent
- New internal vestibule space for clothing/gear/pack
- 100% waterproof tub floor with factory-tape-sealed-seams
- 100% waterproof fly with factory-tape-sealed-seams
- Single entrance with vestibule
- Roof vent can be accessed internally
- Moondance 1 Footprint also available for greater water and abrasion protection
- Multipitch versatility: pitch an ultra-ultralight shelter using the Fly and Footprint only the Fly (Footprint sold separately)
Materials & Components
- Floor fabric: 40 denier Nylon with 10,000mm waterhead TPU laminate
- Inner fabric: 15 denier mini-ripstop Nylon & 15 denier No-See-Um Mesh
- Fly fabric: 30 denier ripstop Nylon with 2000mm waterhead PU coating inside & Silicon DWR outside
- Poles: 9mm DAC FeatherLite NSL Poles
- Pegs: Twisted-Y aluminium pegs 8g each
- 2mm diameter reflective orange guy cord
- Inner 90cm wide both ends
- Inner 120cm wide at centre
- Inner 220cm long Inner 95cm high
- Internal floor area: 2.3m2, 30% more internal floor space than previous model
- Vestibule 67cm wide
- Vestibule area: 0.73m2
- Compressed Tent Sack: 28cm x 13cm
- Collapsed Pole Length: 42cm
- Inner Fly 2x 3-point-attachment guy cords 2 piece DAC poleset with pole bag 8x Twisted-Y Pegs with peg bag
- Repair kit: 42.5g tube of silicone seam sealer, application brush, fabric patches, emergency pole repair sleeve
- Tent compression stuff sack
- Packed weight: 1.53kg (inner, fly, poles, pegs, repair sleeve, peg & pole storage sacks & tent stuff sack)
- Minimum weight: 1.42kg (inner, fly, poles, 2 pegs)